Signatures & Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Fully Optimized
Reminder of the rules for sigs and avatars:
No Avatar, Custom Title, and/or Username Changing Abuse. These are a luxury and abuse of them will result in them being lost. If using an Avatar please make sure it's appropriate for all to view. Any text under the avatar should not contain any text indicating a BANNED, NOT BANNED, MOD, MODERATOR, ADMIN status.

Signature Rules

Lines: The maximum number of lines is 15 using text size=1. The maxium is 8 lines or less using a bigger font and text size, and with a graphic.

Images: No more then 2 images...totaling 468x120 and they must be kept small.

No more page images that cover the whole bottom of your post or forces the post thread to scroll horizontally because of their size. The smaller the image the better!!

Text: The text/images that appear in your signature must be non-offensive to members of this forum.

Scripts: Scripts are allowed but should be used with caution. Scripts like those from www.danasoft.com that display the users IP are not allowed as well as any script that generates a popup window for any viewer of your posts.

We have tried using the PM system to remind members of these rules and to ask that they conform to them, but this is changing. There will be no more warning PMs sent out.

If your signature and/or avatar and/or usertitle does not conform to the rules, the privilege of having them will be lost.
  • The first infraction and your sig/avatar will be removed. You'll be able to add back an appropriate one.
  • The second infraction and your sig/avatar privilege will be removed for a minimum of one month. You will only get it back after PMing me that you'll abide by the rules.
  • The third infraction and your sig/avatar privilege will be removed permanently.

Question:
Should we have a closed, public thread that lists all those that have lost their privilege? I do keep a list, but does it need to be public?

It's time for discussion. However, the discussion will NOT be around changing the rules.

Dave :D

DMo224 said:
We have tried using the PM system to remind members of these rules and to ask that they conform to them, but this is changing. There will be no more warning PMs sent out.
So people might might know that i am a mod on another forum, and what we normally do is give the user a PM. It's we have not replied to the PM with a suitable time frame, or done some thing about there sigature, we then normally replace the sigature file with :-

(USER NAME)'S SIG REMOVED MY MODS AS IT WAS TOO BIG! Please read forum rules about Sig Sizes before reloading Sig File.

I have found that users might not pay attension to PMs from the mods, but they do seem to take notice when their sig is no longer there.

And in the end, we find that it's works.

I agree with the rules and keep my sig to the regulations.

I donÂ’t like having to scroll horizontally when sig pictures are too wide. I am glad actions are taking place to fix these problems. I am sure itÂ’s tedious and takes time you donÂ’t want to spend being the sig-police.

I have begun to see Harper's method in more and more user's sig.

If you have a closed thread with those who have lost their privilege, then maybe you should have one for those who are banned. I think a list of those banned and or those who lost their privileges might be useful.

~Dr. Quinn

Like Harper suggested, I've replaced improper sigs with a red-lettered announcement. So it's probably not needed to make a list since it pretty obvious.

BTW, if you're not sure when replacing your sig/graphic, it would be better to ask than just add it. Adding one that is not correct can get your sig privileges suspended for one month.

I've been asked to make a couple of points clearer about sigs. Here's the attempt:

Lines: The maximum number of lines is 15 using text size=1. The maxium is 8 lines or less using a bigger font and text size, and with a graphic.

First, blank lines and lines with dividers like ******** or --------- count in your maximum number of lines.

Using text size 2, you can only have 8 lines of text (only 1 line if using text size 3). If you have anything else in your sig, like a graphic, you can only use text size 1.

Using text size 1, you can have up to 15 lines. However, if you include a graphic, the maximum is 8 lines.

Images: No more then 2 images...totaling 468x120 and they must be kept small.

You can have 1 or 2 images/graphics in your sig. The total of both graphics can not exceed a width of 468 nor a height of 120 pixels.

For example, a graphic that is 140 by 140 is not allowed because it exceeded the maximum height.

You can have urls in your sig, or graphics that are linked to sites. However, make sure those sites abide by the rules (like no adult sites).

I hope that helps.

i have a question i made a sig from photoshop today of my system but i dont know how to put it on the sig place. Can you tell me how to do it plz.

In the bottom, left hand corner of most of the forum pages is a small box that tells about vB codes, images, etc.

To include a picture or graphic within the body of your message, or in your sig, you can simply surround the address of the image as shown here (without the spaces, of course):

[img ]http://www.techist.com/blueimages/vBulletin_logo.gif[/img ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom