Bad BIOS Checksum

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobafett573 said:
i just installed a GeForce 6600GT video card and another 512mb stick of RAM.

so how was it working prior to the upgrades?

maybe you have a bad stick of RAM, that sometimes cause instability at boot up.

also...what slots did you put the sticks in?

check your mobo's manual and see if it's supposed to be in a certain order.

also, take out your vid-card and reboot and see what happens.

try it w/ the new stick of RAM too.

Scotch tape didn't work well for me when I had a slot that wouldn't hold the battery

^^ did it melt or something?

i'd think electrical tape would be more forgiving on electronic devices.

that may work....

bad checksum mean you bios does not keep the memeory of things, like time and your bios settings. it is related to your battery, nothing else

sometime the pin for the + part of where your battery go gets push in too far, and pulling it back out will usually fix it. or you can have a bad battery.

thx EricB for clarifying that it HAS to be the battery. so glad i ain't gotta check every stupid cable lol. i'll get a new battery this weekend or something. thx for the help.

i got an interesting story. i took out the battery and put in back in. i restored the BIOS from the cd. the BIOS version on the cd is 1.02. i downloaded the newer 1.07 version and then my computer started acting up again. it kept giving me the bad bios checksum. i decided to clear the bios again and i just installed the version 1.02 from the cd and i haven't had any problem booting up for the past 3 days. could the bios file i downloaded be corrupted or glitched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom