surround sound on a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
i got a home surround sound system and i was wondering if i can hook it up to my computer. what do i need? what ports cables cards etc.

Devil_warrior, is that really your system?? I never seen anyone with dual 6800 Ultras lol. Since you can afford something like that. Why dont you just get a creative labs 7.1 suround sound system?

You will need optical output to your stereo or something similar. And a home surround sound system will not have the same connectors that a computer surround sound system has. If you have optical out on your card and optical in on your reciever (or coaxial/digital) then you can do it.

There is a few ways you can do it. Run Digital Optical/Coxial out from computer to amp. However this will only result in stereo and not True surround sound. For true surround sound you would need to use the 1/8th jacks to RCA and plug them into a 5/6/7 channel input. The channel input is not on all amps.

thats the computer im building dude, i have all the parts here ready to do it.

anyway about my question can someone post a few pictures of what the 1/8 jack port of the actual thing looks like?

and the back of my current computer has 1 audio input port, 1 that says s-out and one that says av-ou

my reciever is a pioneer vsx-d814

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom