Sold 128mb 9800pro and Bought 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
Hey!!

I just sold my ATI Radeon 9800pro on eBay for $165 and then bought a refurbished XFX 6600gt off of Newegg for $164 :D

Was this a good decision?

How do I get rid of all the ATI driver stuff on my PC???

very nice choice...Reboot in safe mode then uninstall your ati drivers by start>controll panel>add/remove programs. Reboot your comp and install the nvidia drivers. leme know how the xfx goes cuhz im thinkin of buying one =D

Sweet, very good idea. You got a good deal on that 6600 GT. Is it in good shape?

Go to www.guru3d.com , they have programs that will completely remove drivers for ATI or nvidia. Not sure if they have one program that will do both companies or one for each. Think it's called like "detonator driver remover" for ATI. But yeah going into safemode and removing the files using that program is the best way to do it.

I know I love my 6600GT thus far...let me know what you think of yours :D

I OC'd it the first day. Got 565/999 (just under a GHz damnit!)

and that raised my 3dmark03 from 7555 to 8200, I'm thinkin if I do 550 it will probably withstand 1ghz on the memory, but it's the first day so I didn't really give it time to warm up and burn in haha

lol no I couldn't. I had to see within the first day :D

Sometime next month I want to get a new and improved water setup and get the MAZE4 GPU block and some tweakmonster RAMsinks, and hopefully get some better results

lol yeah I didn't even think of it like that. Very nice upgrade indeed.

crap! I installed new drivers on my Radeon card and now it works great on HL2!

Oh well maybe the 6600gt will perform even betterwith AA/AF

BTW
how do you turn AF on in HL2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom