Upgrading my Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeboy84

Baseband Member
Well im upgrading my computer.. Except CPU and MOBO
Plz reply some suggestions... my original rig is at the bottom.
The upgrade can be from 200-500 not including the videocard

I want this... plz tell me if it will increase my comp performance

2gb of Corsair xms ram
850xt platinum

Almost certainly it will make your comp faster. The question is how much.
I think the ram is a good choice. I have many doubts about the grahpics card. I think that's the best ATI card you can buy and many Nvida fans will tell you to buy the Nvida one...

Yes, both will greatly increase performance.

I would slice your memory in half though, one gigabyte is enough and anymore will not really improve performance, and in some cases, may actually decrease performance.

The x850XT is the fastest card on the market at the moment, so you can't go wrong with it, although I wouldn't exactly call it the best bang for your buck as the 6800GT will perform slightly lower than it for a few hundred bucks less I think.

And yes emeraldice, I've seen episode 124, Gaara is gonna kick some serious ass. :p

Gaara may be right about the 1 stick of mem. But for certain applications like video editing, 3D rendering you want the extra ram. If you're going to buy it anyway...you can pop the extra stick in and out at will.

Gaara's probably is going to kick but...but i still wish Itachi went all nice and helped naruto out...

2GB is too much right now unless you have registered memory in like a server or something.

Would you all stop talking in japanese!!! :mad: :)

That will help a lot, 2gb isn't necessary if you can run dual channel. If you can't and you have the money you can go for 2gb, won't hurt. And don't listen to the overwhelming amount of nvidia fans on these forums, that x850 xt platinum edition will blaze through any game. You will be amazed. Good choice.

For 350 besides the graphics card and ram you cant upgrade much.

Take the x850XT, or take an nvidia if your smart :)

Save the rest of the money for a NEW Pc, 1 gig of ram is also fine

Anything over 1 gig is overkill, unless you want to drop your swap file, which would increase your system speed.

I think you should get the 6800 Ultra. This card is very good. The 850 is just way to expensive. Your processor is also good, that 1mb L2 cache helps alot. But lacks dual channel memory. Overall 2GB or RAM is a little over the top. If money isent a factor, then get the 2G, but it really dont matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom