Computer Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eassam

Solid State Member
My computer first went to BSOD and gave a usbport.sys error warning then IRQL_NOTLESS_OR_EQUAL, then i formatted my computer. and no it freezes what's the prob?

i have
winxp pro sp2
athlon xp 2600
lg dvd drive
liteon cd drive
80 gig drive

plz help

sounds like an IRQ conflict between the USB & some other device. Have you recently added any new devices to the computer?

the only usb devices i got attached to my pc is a usb adsl modem, and a wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse. I also added a new heatsink and a extra cooling fan to my pc. Could it be the power unit causing the errors? its only 300w generic power supply! I also tried swapping the ram in different slots! Occasionally it will also give the IRQ_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS blue screen of death! i am just sick and tired of trying different things! i sometimes also feellike just chucking the pc away! BTw i got xp pro with sp2. Sometimes it gives me the BSOD saying something like usb.sys(same like previous screen) Can anyone please help me!
oh! also tried flashing my bios and i did it successfully! is there any way to get the original bios back? i think the bios maybe conflicting as well!

Go da BIOS end and set a cutom irq for each device
how do i do that? i know how to go to the bios, but how can i set a custom irq for each device? i mean what irq numbers should i assign each devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom