(XP Pro) Computer will not start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharon

Beta member
I installed sp2 on my computer and now it won't even let me boot it up into safe mode. I've found the problem I just don't know how to fix it. It gives me the following message: stop:c0000135 winsrv was not found .....
I've looked up what that means and it's a problem between spyware or adware and sp2. The problem that I am having is that I don't have any of my windows xp pofessional cds. My exboyfriend stole them from me. Is there any websites where I can just download the start up or boot disk? Just so that I can at least get into safe mode?

Thanks so much
Sharon

Before installing SP2, you were/are supposed make sure your system is clean of spyware, it even states that somewhere. The best way to install SP2, is after a fresh install. You might want to try the recovery console, last known good config. or repair..

I actually did use trendmicro and my ad-aware before i installed it. so I was under the impression that my system was clean.

Not if i Had the cds.. my ex apparently took them when I moved out of his apartment.

You need to use multiple ad aware programs as each program will find more or less than the other.

I'll remember that for next time ;) But when can i do now? Is there any website where I can just download a "boot" disk so I can at least get into Safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom