50 FPS Doom 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has a via chipset beedubaya so thats y i think its thet problem when i had an via chipset it didnt like my ati so it gave me 20-40 fps in gams with x800 so i got an intel chipset and that hellped alot now i get 40-130 with my x800 but he has an amd prosesor so im not sure..

bigtimeballer50 said:
when i had an via chipset it didnt like my ati so it gave me 20-40 fps in gams with x800 so i got an intel chipset and that hellped alot now i get 40-130 with my x800

So you swaped motherboards, keeping with the same CPU, RAM and graphics card, and your performance went through the roof? Are you sure your VIA-based mobo wasn't just bottlenecking something?

ok dis is how it goes i had a stock hp mobo so i upgraded that into a abit via chipset and thats when my problems began i had 20-40f ps constant i reformated 3 times so then i got pissed and returned it and got an intel chipset just like the stock but a better motherboard with same chipset p4p800se and my problems were gone solved and done with the same video card cpu ram etc.. samep erfomance just like on my stock mobo but i am like 70% suer that the via isint liking the ati cards ive even read posts that say via doesent liek ati and stuf..

If anyone is looking for a competetive comparison between the cards mentioned in this thread, you may find it here.

The x800 Pro has 12 pipelines, and the 6800GT has 16 pipelines. You can whine about the price/performance ratio as much as you like but this information is pretty straight forward. No one made you buy ATi over nVidia, so you can blame ATi for selling an overpriced underpeforming card all you want, but either way you look at it, it was your choice, so live with it.

Honestly, it's one thing to show a bit of sympathy the first time you express disappointment in a card, but to continually spew your hatred over and over again really grows tiresome.

It's ok if you don't like ATi, but I've seen this idea spawning here lately that simply because the x800 pro sucks compared to the 6800 GT, ATi must be downright horrid altogether.

yes gaara x800 has 12 and 6800 has 16 the x800 is the asme ass 9800 pro just that x800 has a few more pipelines which makes u pay another 150 but the x800 can be compraed to a 6600 so the 6600 and the x800 will be giving hte same perormance but the x800 can reach up to the 6800... ive seen stuff on the internet that the x800 beats the 6800 in performance...

I come from a long history of being way behind the technology curve. 40 to 50 FPS is silky smooth to me. I dont understand why some people say under 60 is unplayable. Under 30, defenitely.

Because the pro only has 12 pipelines and can't really keep up that is why I believe they are phasing it out and replacing it with the more powerful and budget-friendly xl.

I'll say it again: If he tweaked Doom 3 a little bit, he might well find an improvement. Obviously out of what he uses/needs it's only Doom 3 that his card struggles with, enough to make him complain, and rightfully so imo.

He payed a lot of money for a (gaming) graphics card that just isn't doing his gaming needs justice, and that's fair enough. I'd flippin' well complain lol. So, he could've done his homework beforehand on the Pro's lack of pipelines having consequences in primarily Doom 3, but we all make mistakes...

beedubaya: try tweaking Doom 3 ;)

DoomUK said:
I'll say it again: If he tweaked Doom 3 a little bit, he might well find an improvement. Obviously out of what he uses/needs it's only Doom 3 that his card struggles with, enough to make him complain, and rightfully so imo.

He payed a lot of money for a (gaming) graphics card that just isn't doing his gaming needs justice, and that's fair enough. I'd flippin' well complain lol. So, he could've done his homework beforehand on the Pro's lack of pipelines having consequences in primarily Doom 3, but we all make mistakes...

beedubaya: try tweaking Doom 3 ;)

I bought my X800 pro back in June right when this generation of cards came out, before Doom 3 was even released. Because of early driver problems with the 6800 series, it appeared that the X800s were going to be the winner this series. Even one of my first posts at this forum was an "ATI vs. Nvidia,
" and everybody told me to go with the X800 Pro. Thats why I bought the X800 Pro. But within a few new driver releases from Nvidia, the X800 Pro became yesterday's news.

FrontSide said:
Ignore him... He's just another troll with nothing better to do.

Hey shut your mouth man. He's given way more advice and hasn't lashed at at all at anyone here.

He states his opinion and he has a right to. He's had the same resuls with a bunch of different configurations, I no for a FACT.

Buzz off scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom