will this bottleneck??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
ok, so i'm thinking about gettin a radeon 9600 xt AGP now....

will the vid card w/ a 2.8 celeron bottleneck?

what about a 1.8 p4?

i know they both stink, but which one will it bottlenck with?

other specs;

80 gig HD
768 RAM
and either of those processers

ALSO

the p4 is on a dell and the celeron is on a compaq

if i switch the two, will the celeron work with the dell??? ( the dell is a 4500s) i know the p4 will work w/ the compaq (b/c i'm gettin new mobo) but ii'm not sure about the dell & celeron

Hmm, that's a toughy.

The Celerons smaller cache size may limit perfomance, and the lower clock speed of the Pentium may also bottleneck it. As long as you aren't playing high demanding games, although I don't even think you could very successfully, you should be fine.

thats my prob....it'd be easier for me to keep the 2.8 celeron, but i dont wanna bottleneck it on a vid card

see i'm getting a new mobo for my compaq, its micro ATX, b/c i dont have any AGP slots. so i wanted to get AGP slot for a card, but then if i get a card i dont want to bottleneck it....

plz someone?

oh and i am gonna play coutner strike source w/ this,

i play source with a PCI card, so anything AGP will play it way better :)

counter-strike will probably play better on ati, so I would get a 9600 or 9800, preferably 9800 xt if you can find one of those :)

I have the 9600XT with a gig of RAM, and a P4 2.66 GHz CPU, and I love it, especially after coming from a GeForce 420mx, which SUCKED

Yan

Incase you didn't know (no offense if you did, just making sure) a AGP card will not work with a mobo that does not have an AGP slot, and you can not buy a "AGP Slot adaoter" or etc.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom