PSU Question (Precott Processor random reboots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemosh

Beta member
I just finished building my computer, and I noticed that I could not boot when I used my Radeon 9800 installed. When I used my 9600 (9600 does not have an additional 12v power input) it boots and runs fine. The 9800 is fine since i can pop it into my other computer and it boots right up.

Now my question is this, how can I check to see if my current PSU (350W) is enough to run all the stuff on my computer? I'm also getting random reboots sometimes. I'm thinking that perhaps the drain on the 12v might be too high or something, since I heard precotts are MAJOR power drainers.

Any help is Appriciated!!!

Sorry, I probably should have posted the specs

Mobo - ASRock P4V88
CPU - P4 3.0 Prescott
Video - Radeon 9800 Pro
RAM - Two sticks (1 gig) 333
Storage - Two 80 Gig WD 8 Meg Cache
PCI SB Live

Thats about it, the random reboots might be from a driver conflict...I turned it off in my comp/properties/advanced and it hasn't done a hard reboot since, so maybe that problem is solved, but the Vid Card still wont work.

That site says I should need about 300 Watts, but i noticed in bios that my +3.3 is running at about +2.9, a little under what it should be. I also have 4 case fans and the CPU/vid card fans (not on the 9600 but the 9800)

Also, I'm not running any splitters and I checked the 12v on the floppy so that wire isn't dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom