50 FPS Doom 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I imagine much better than that FX 5700!
lol dude, I'm very happy with the 6600GT over that FX...not only that, but I'm never buying friggin chaintech again. I had to RMA the first card, and 6 months later this FX is already crapping out...PSHT I say

how do u figure out what fps you are getting?
Depends on the game. For doom3 you access console by hitting Ctrl+Alt+~ and then type in com_showfps 1

Could my problem be my VIA chipset? I've heard a few people mention that ATI cards don't match VIA chipsets well
Don't know but it would seem freakin RIDICULOUS for something like that to kill framerate so badly

Its probably not, the problem is that the X800 Pro plain sucks ass. There is no other way to put it. If I had to rate the card, I would give it a 1/2 star out of 5. Getting it is the worst hardware mistake I have ever made, aside from buying an HP before I built this PC.

The X800 Pro may be good when comparing it to like a GeForce 4 MX or a GeForce 2, but when comparing it to the 6800GT or even the $200 6600 GT, its just so weak and lame.

beedubaya, you need to stop this nonsense once and for all.

If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't post at all.

Forum abuse should not be tolerated.

Its the whole price/performance ratio deal. If they sold the X800 Pro for $200, it would be a good buy and excelent competition for the 6600 GT. But no, they sell it for $400, the same price as the 6800 GT, which is 50-75% faster.

That's why they released the XL which is cheaper and faster than the pro. But even with your aa and af on, all the benches I've seen the x800 pro still doesn't get near the single digits. I don't know how you can say it is that bad. Something is wrong because normally the x800 pro will be beat by the 6800 on doom 3 but it won't be more than 10-20 fps behind so it shouldn't be too big a deal. What you are talking about is quite insane.

beedubaya, are you sure you've got your ATI drivers optimised; Do you have any global AA or AF turned on? Anything?...

What score do you get in 3DMark 05? Unless your card is a dud (which is unlikely if everything else does work fine), there's no way your X800 Pro should be that lousy in Doom 3, not with the rest of your setup. Have you ever tried looking around the Doom 3 tweak guide at http://www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_1.html? There's so many things you can mess around with other than the in-game settings, give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom