AMD...Newcastle or Winchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
the winnie 3200 is good and hell you might save money in the long tern due to power bills (yea i know it would take like 50 years). the 3200 oc's well and i can get 2.6 with stock cooling but i need a bios hack to get it further. it runs quite cool as well wich is a bonus. the reviews a have seen have had it a but slower than the 754 3200 newcastle due to the slower clock speed but hell it oc's better and that makes up for it

I still don't now which one to get! I know I want a Winne but do I get the 3200 or the 3500. I know that the 3200 would be great for the kind of things I do but I have this speed fetish and a credit card which don't go well together, if you know what I mean.
Since I started this thread I have come up with another question; which motherboard to get? I know I will need a socket 939 and I want dual lan and onboard audio (I have 5.1 Klipsch). I'm not really up on all the latest gadgets and improvements such as raid, sata, PC-e, SLI and all the other things that have to be considered when purchasing a MOBO. I plan on using IDE Hdd's and a PC-e graphics card and dual channel ram. I don't play alot of video intensive games so I'm thinking 6200 or 6600...any suggestions?

What did you say about dual channel RAM with newcastles? I suggest the MSI K8N Neo4 P over the gigabyte anyday. But if you want to OC, i wouldent get either. For OC purposes, Abit and DFI would kill.

I have never OC'd in the past but may in the future to a certain extent. I plan on using stock cooling and I'm not going to push it. I have a 1.2 AMD "Thunderbird" now and If what I read is true just having this new stuff should dazzle me with its speed.

Thats a good way to put it. Winchesters wont make a differience if your not going to OC. I think people are just buying them because its the new core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom