Fan Directions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay

Baseband Member
Just want to no have i got my fan setup right cause my CPU temp is hitting 60 and my system temp is hitting 50 is this normal for a AMD Athlon Xp 2700+ (333)

I have a fan on the bak sucking air in and 1 at the front taking it out is this right

Also ganna mod the side of my case with a fan should this fan blow in or out?

usally people hav one on the back sucking out and one in the front sucking in.

at the front of my case theres no holes u look under the case theres a tinny little opening soo!

my advice would be for that fan to be blowing in, also the reason most people have the extractor fan at the back of their computer is so that they cannot feel it blowing hot air out onto their legs.

Make the fan at the front blow in and the one at the back blow out, and if you are gonna mod the case then make the side fan blow out, unless you have a fourth fan, then you can make 2 blow in and 2 blow out. Don't have more blowing in than out.

bigbmxdave said:
my advice would be for that fan to be blowing in, also the reason most people have the extractor fan at the back of their computer is so that they cannot feel it blowing hot air out onto their legs.

You know how much i would love to have more hot air blowing on my legs :p

This morning without the computer on it was 16.5 :/

It is really most of the time more important to get heat out instead of air in. I doubt the air in your house is cool enough to make a difference. Since you have only two fans, (Did I read that right) I suggest both blowing air out. If you have several, I suggest 1 fan in and 2 out.

IMO..

Front blowing in (its lower than the back one)
Back blowing out
Side blowing in, - right onto the CPU heatsink with fresh, cool air.

Many will dissagree with the side choice, but it works great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom