Is my current PSU good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
I was just wondering if my current PSU is good enough to run my 64bit system.
+3.3V = 26.0 Amp
+5V = 32.0 Amp
+12V = 13.0 Amp
-5V = 00.5 Amp
-12V = 00.8 Amp
+5Vsb = 02.0 Amp

It has a total of 420 Watt's I just dont think i have enough Amp's for each rail....

13amps on the 12v rail? That is very low. The other two rails seem fine ( 5v, 3.3v). How many other pieces of hardware do you have in there, like optical drives, hard drive, fans and anything else?

I have a 550w Antec psu with the following rails of:

5v : 40amps
12v : 36amps
3.3v : 36amps

Your 12v rail doesnt seem to be high enough. I would suggest looking in your bios and finding out if your 12v rail is indeed 12v. Check your other rails as well. If they are not very close to what they should be I would suggest getting a new psu.

I am really surprised that you are able to run all of that with a 12v rail only at 13amps. Fans run on 12v. I am not sure what the optical drives or hard drives run on, maybe a combination of both 12v and 5v.

Are you sure that your voltage rails are where they should be, it was hard to understand from your last post. Yours should be similar to this.

My 12v is at 12.16v, 5v at 4.959, 3.3v at 3.269v.

If the actual voltages are not near what they should be a that rail, then our system wont be getting the power it needs.

I am really surprised you can opperate with only 13amps on your 12v rail.

Even my old 400w psu has 18amps on the 12v rail.

With your other rails and their amps much higher I think there is somethign wrong with your psu. I would suggest that you look for a new one.

My 12v rail runs at 11.98v And the Optical drives are a combo of 5 and 12, Just gotta love them Raidmax PSU's that come with the case, atleast im not trying to run off of my old 180 watt PSU....

rofl yours is a raidmax too. Can people suggest some links to PSU's that arent too expensive but will have good rails?

Antec any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom