Spyware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plazaman

Beta member
Hi All

Each time I open IE6.0, I get a pop-up advertisment (Message Broadcaster). I have run a number of spyware programmes but this one seems to be stuck somewhere in the system. Its also triggering the IE error messages (send reports to microsfot and restart IE).

Any ideas where I could locate this annoying program to get rid of it????

go into your control panel's add/remove program to see if what is installed. if something suspicious is there uninstall it if you are sure you don't need it. in IE's tools>>internet options advanced tab, turn off enable 3rd party browser extensions.

an obvious clue is if a program added an extra search bar or something to the standard tool bars and buttons. i really hate this crap too.

heres also another tip,..you can tweak IE6, by going into the privacy settings and select "allow first party cookies" and block "third party cookies" and also "allow cookie sessions".

Thanks Guys. I've done a bit of further investigating myself and seemingly I have Spybot Worm (more than likely from the KaZaa program I downloaded). It requires editing the registry to get rid of the sucker so I'll have to study up on this before I even attempt it.

BTW Lostman, what type of browser are you using ?

Oooopppps, sorry Microbell, I'm only after reading you're full reply. I going to try number 3 on your list. Cheers !

Use Mozilla and Kazaa lite instead of IE and Kazaa.
All programs in Microbell are great. In addition, I also use Norton 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom