50 FPS Doom 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I dunno about crappy frame rates; maybe he should send it back for they ripped him off? Mine is a "Ati technologies" version, which company did he get it from?

well if he is getting 8fps on doom 3 with an x800 pro on low settings then the card is defective, because I have seen bench scores on doom 3 of the x800 pro and not even at the absolute minimum with high settings did the x800 pro reach 8 fps
http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=pcradeonx800p

Furthermore the only reason ati is beaten by nvidia on doom 3 is because nvidia is better with opengl. On direct3d games ati smokes nvidia. The x800 pro even beats the 6800gt oc'ed at direct3d games like unreal tournament.

hmm i have x800 pro and i aint sure wat fps i get on doom 3 but i run it at 1024x1280 w/e that res is and its smooth it dont get laggy..

Actually when I get single digits in Doom 3, I am playing High setting, and 2x AA. I could play with low settings, but it would defeat the purpose of paying $400 for a card.

P.S. X800 Pro plain sucks, there is not a doubt about that. When a $400 card can't even keep up with a $200 Nvidia 6600GT, there is something wrong.

dale5605 said:

Furthermore the only reason ati is beaten by nvidia on doom 3 is because nvidia is better with opengl. On direct3d games ati smokes nvidia. The x800 pro even beats the 6800gt oc'ed at direct3d games like unreal tournament.

ati hardly smokes nvidia in direct 3d, there a few fps difference with most rival cards whereas in doom3, ati gets totally raped, and this post + beedub is the proof

True, Nvidia can play D3D games such as HL2 just as good as ATI can. While ATI can barely even play Doom 3.

How does the X800 Pro stand up against the 6600GT in other games besides Doom 3? Most benchmarks I've seen compare it to the X700 and the 6800 regular, not the X800 Pro.

dont think theres many benches, but u could set up a bench thing like Nubius Dj n I are doing... I would do it with you, but ive got a 3.2 intel and valueram which probly wouldnt give a very fair bench as most times they use the same systems

Hey, the X800 Pro is whoopin' arse in Doom 3 for me; so, maybe I am the lucky one? But it don't matter, the x850 XT kicks all nVidia ass and royally at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom