Need Serious Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
I recently installed a new AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2ghz processor, a-bit nf7-s2g mobo, 768 mb of DDR400 PC3200 RAM, and my computer is constantly locking up and i constantly get a blue screen which vary, but all tell me to disable memory shadowing/caching in memory options in BIOS which i cannot find, if anyone has a way to help please reply! or IM me on AIM @ NobodyLikesMe352.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced

You should see a small area at the bottom labeled "virtual memory", in which you can increase or decrease the size of your virtual memory.

Blue screen of death huh?... ouch. is the RAM you are running compatible with your MOBO? If im not mistaken the MOBO you are using has dual channel RAM slots which means you need 2 sticks of RAM of the same amount such as 512 and 512 for it to work... and since you are running 756 i assume you are usin 512 and 256 so this could be a possible problem. if that doesnt work. reply cause i have a couple more ideas.

The blue screen of death could also be Driver related if its on XP Pro.... I would get that every time i tryed to change my RES and it was the ATI drivers going corrupt on install.

what should i do with that virtual memory thing in system? increase or decrease? and im running windows xp home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom