My frist AMD64bit and it don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave-1969

Baseband Member
I was hoping someone might be able advise me?
I have just built the following spec PC:
AMD3200 64bit (754pin), Asus K8vVX, Samsung 512Mb DDR400, ATi Radeon 9600 256Mb, Samsung 160Gb SATA, CD-RW, DVD-ROM and a Q-Tec 650Watt PSU. The problem is that it boots up and if you donÂ’t touch it stays on but as soon as you run anything it locks up. I can usually complete 3 clicks before this happens. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks.
They do seem to get the best reviews, so far I am thinking of either Antec TruePower 480W or Hiper Type R 480W ATX2.2 it comes with a 20pin adapter, both have had very good press. I think the Antec is probably better. Luckily a mate has the Hiper Type R so I should be able to try it first, thatÂ’s if I can persuade him itÂ’s a good idea.

its not the power supply ppl !!! its something else how does the psu have 2 do with lock ups all the psu does is give power gosh... try a diffrent motherboard...

a 1 is read as being an amount of power over X amount, a 0 being under Y amount
if the PSU is not giving enough power, sometimes a bit that is meant to be a 1 is mistaken by a 0, and causing a crash

Thanks for the response, why do you think it is the motherboard? After all it is designed for this processor. I have heard that the 64bit CPU is power hungry and if it doesn’t get the power when it need tit they lock up?? Also looking at the deffering prices of PSU and the fact that you get what you pay for there must be a difference, don’t you think after all it only cost £25 the other ones cost around £60 to £80

bigtimeballer50 said:
its not the power supply ppl !!! its something else how does the psu have 2 do with lock ups all the psu does is give power gosh... try a diffrent motherboard...

and how does a motherboard have anything to do with it? have you tried reinstalling windows? also, is your copy of windows pirated? it may be a corrupt copy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom