CPU Fans - How To Connect/Adjust Speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I'm sure this is probably simple...but Google didn't tell me so easy:p

I have three fans, two of which are connected to the motherboard, and one which is just through the power supply.

Firstly, how can I get the third fan connected so the computer can determine the fan speeds?

And secondly...could you tell me how to adjust the fan speeds? They are very noisy, but it's also running plenty cool, so I'd say 1/2 speed should be just fine.

thanks...
:)

Unless yout third fan has three wires coming out of it there isnt a way to monitor its speeds. I dont know any ways to monitor the rmp of a molex fan. I would suggest finding a three pin fan to replace it if you want to monitor it.

To control your fans I would suggest a fan bay. I have yet to see a three pin fan being connected to the mobo being controled inside windows.

i dont think there is any software that wil let u control it. what ive dun is got a fan controller that supports 3 fans so ive got my 3 80mm fans on there, and i got a psu that has a temp sensor and a dedicated fan output and im using that for my 2 120mm fans (1on cpu) this setup means i can control my cooling for my gaming when it gettin abit hotter and i can turn it right down at nite when i leave it on and i can trust my cpu isnt gonna burn out cos its automatically regulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom