X700 or the 6600 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
35w 2400+ XP-M OC'd to 2.3GHz
1gb PC3200 Patriot High performance RAM
6600GT as you know lol

that's all the pertinent info. I used to run it at 2.5GHz, but had to lower it because I put on a crappier heatsink until I can get a better WC setup so I don't like my current temps at 2.5GHz

I havent used the 6600 but i can say the x700 is amazing. i run hl2/cs: source, farcry, ms flight simulator9 on all the highest settings with no lag whatsoever

i also have the evga 6600gt (pci-e though) and it's awesome. far cry runs 1024x768 all settings at very high. i don't have hl2 or doom3 to sest out though. evga 6600gt is highly recomended.

are u crazy x700 comparing to a 6600? 6600 will pwn it 6600 shud be evenw ith the x800 pro and then the x800 pro xt and the platniums shud be compared to the 6800 no way the x700 is the same as 6600!! 6600 will pwn it but x800 - 6600 are even..

the X700 is a descent card, much better than the X600 is. the X600 was originally designed to be the 6600's competitor, but it is really equal to the 9600

sometimes the 6600 will perform better than the X800, that's because the Radeon cards are not so good with OpenGL against Nvidia's cards.

Yeah, apoks statement is about right on. The X700 and 6600GT are fairly comparable...it was the X600 that was just a complete bombshell. I installed Far Cry last night, but I don't know whats wrong with that game, because even with my FX 5700 way back when, I had installed it, and the graphics weren't being shown right. After a format (I didnt format solely because of that though) I reinstalled far cry and it looked fine. Installed it last night, and the graphics werent being shown right...it wasn't the drivers either as I used 3 sets of them and Doom3 and every other game looks completely normal so I don't know whats wrong with my particular copy of far cry or if it's just my computer or what, so I haven't gotten to test that yet

Hmm, never tried to....but come to think of it, I believe it was greyed out at DX9

It's all set to high settings and the 'Render Mode' over to the right where you could change it to cell shading and whatnot, or 'cold' says NOT SUPPORTED! when I try to change it.

I just formatted like a month ago lol, but I'm thinking I'm gonna wind up doing it again. My computer is acting up with tons of driver installs, uninstalls, reinstalls, games uninstalled, reinstalled blah blah blah, so yeah. I screw around with this thing so freakin much I'm formatting damn near once a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom