newly bought dvd burner doesnt read/write

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
newly bought dvd burner doesn't read.. I need help...

Ok I just bought a retail plus DVD burner + CDRom wr said it came with drivers but it only came with nero and power DVD 5. I took my old peice CDRom w out (that doesnt even write cd's anymore) and stuck my new dvd burner in and started the comp. Ounce started up i stuck "Dawn Of War" and "nero" in and it took a while but didnt Auto play so i went into My computer and it still said CDRom drive double click and said not responding then finally after 2 minutes loaded the files and I double clicked setup and it gave me an error #1 "The system cannot read the specified device" #2 "The procedure entry point count not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

Now when i started up windows it did not say it read new hardware and didn't install anything. So is it using the old drivers of my plain cdrw drive? If so how do i uninstall them.. and install the new ones.

Are there more cords for the dvd drive then the cdwr one? I currently have in the power cord the long silver one connected to the mb and a skinny 3 prong one also connected to the MB.

Thanks for the help in advanced u guys are great...

Edit: Ok.. I went into properties of the drive and uninstalled the drivers restarted and it said it found new hardware then it installed them again and it still says it cant read fromt he device.

EDIT: I have just noticed that it can write cd's and dvd's but can't read anything this is getting me mad...

Ok the message "The procedure entry point....." means that it's trying to contact software not in xp and this is the driver that was automaticaly installed "AOPEN DUW1608/ARR" it's another companys driver. this is the companys website www.retailplus.com

Ahahaa guys I plugged the burner in my Primary IDE slave and it works perfectly.. there was something wrong with the cord!

remember to flash your drive to the latest firmware for better reading and writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom