TV Tuner Card and RAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hello,
I have recently bought a P4 1.7 GHz CPU (instead of my old P3 598 MHZ)

I had a TV Tuner (Xpert TV-PVR from V-Stream) on my old P3 and now I have another one on my P4 (Chronos Video Shuttle II with Philips chip inside)

The problem with the old TV Tuner is that the picture is not that great. Also, the sound is late for the picture (When a news reporter, for example, is talking, you hear what she is saying before you see her lips moving!)

The other one (Chronos) has a much better picture but it is still not very clear (its much clearer on my TV in the sitting room) and there isnt that much of a problem in voice/picture delay.

Also, the software that came with the V Stream card is much better than that with the Chronos. (mainly recording video)

Can I switch or can i download a program that records video from the TV Tuner (good quality)

I was wondering if the problem is with the TV Tuner card or with the computer? (video card for example)

On my P4, I have NVIDIA Riva tnt2 model 64

I donot know much about video cards...Is this good??

Also, about the RAMS... I have 128 MB on both computers (dont know if SD Ram or RD or DD whats the difference and which one is better... Dont know much about RAMS either)

Do the RAMS have anything to do with it??

and can I remove 1 of the 64 MB rams on my P3 and put them on the P4 (Are they compatible and will it make a difference; that is to say, is 64 MB enough on the P3 (wouldnt be using for sophisticated things, and would a 128 MB (2x64mb) + 64 mb (or 192 MB) of RAM increase much the performance on the P4??

or is it recomended that I buy another 128 mb ram or leave it as is (wont be using the CPU for games, though)

I think your computer is too slow. 128 mb will make tv lag. Just like on a 553 mhz, your computer will lag running tv or any graphics applications. As for the software that came with the graphics cards, they are interchangable. So you should just install the good software on both computers.

Windows has problems syncing voice and picture if your computer is too slow. My movies' voices and pictures don't sync becuase they're too slow.

What's the speed of your second computer, the P4? And don't expect the video to run that well either on comp becuase the ram's really bad....And make sure the ram's compatable before you do any ram switching. You should get more ram for both of your computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom