GeForce 6600gt vs. 6800 <-- Which upgrade?

What do you think of the current site?

• Execellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Ok

• Poor

• Awful

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PizzatheHut06 said:
The X800's are CONSIDERABLY more expensive than the cards he's talking about, nearly twice the price.
They aren't nearly twice the price. He's talking about getting a 6800 here. That's around the same price as an x800.

I wouldn't reccommend an X800 period, although I hear the $500 range ones aren't that bad. Still, ATI has sucked the big one this generation. Go with the 6600GT. It beats all but the highest end ATIs and is great value for the money.

THIS IS NOT ATI VS NVIDIA!!!!

I am looking at GeForce cards for around $200

I am not interested in the X800, they are way too expensive!

Maybe if a x700 agp came out.

There, this is in your price range :D
nvm, all pci-express. pci is much better, you should consider upgrading :D

wow 98, yea I would get xp if possible, your processor would help you about just as much as the vid card. you need new of all of those :)

ur cpu should be fine for the gamesu want tbh. yes definatly try to get xp, (pro is better but home is ok) i would spend sum cash on that, just get the oem verison and then get 6600gt with wat u can afford left over, maybes the msi card cos that is one of the cheaper ones but it is still good.

The 6600GT has DDR3
I know, but the 6800 doesn't. I'm saying, throw GDDR3 into the 6800 and call it a 6600Ultra instead and it seems like it might be a fairly popular card.

ATI's aren't bad, in fact they are better than nvidia.
That's the most 'fanboy' style 'arguement' I've heard in a long time...and I use the term 'arguement' loosely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom