HP DVD BURNER w/ LIGHTSCRIBE

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I just installed this new drive into my Office PC. And fired it up for the first time. Burned an Audio CD. I'm very, very, very impressed.

For those of you that aren't sure what LIGHTSCRIBE is i'll explain it.

LIGHTSCRIBE enables drives to burn a silk-screen-like, high-contrast label on the topside of CD or DVD media with a LightScribe dye coating. After completing a data burn, users are prompted to flip the disc over so they can burn a label onto it.

*The labels look great. Clear and easy to read. No messy pens or unbalanced discs from poorly applied labels. And it's really fast.
No ink cartridges or ribbons.

IMO - HP has invented a beautiful thing... Get one at newegg.com for 97.99. The CD media is $9.99 for a 5pack.

omg i've been wondering about those! cuz ive seen them on HP commercials, and i looked it up on the internet and they look awesome! does it really work well, not require ink, and actually stay on the disc?? thats really kool... thanks for telling me where to find one!

Yeah. It's really a break-through in technology. HP hit a goldmine with this one. First of it's kind and it looks great. It almost looks like a Hologram on the topside of the CD. But extremely clear and visible. The only thing that i'm interested in seeing is the (lifetime) of these burners. They use the same laser to label the disc as it does to write the data. I guess i'll find out sooner or later. Hopefully later.

IF you've got an extra $100.00 - Get one. You'll love it.

wow thats kool- thanks

i have a new Sony DRU DL DVD burner, so i really dont need to invest in a new one- thnx, but i think i'll jus stick to sticky avery labels for now!! :p

Any idea where to get the DVD media for the Lightscribe burner? I know it's new technology, but Wal-Mart even carries the burner, but not the media. I want to get the burner, but if the media is not going to be available for a while, I might as well wait until the price of the burner comes down as well. Any ideas???

Thanks!

Do you have a link to where they are at newegg.com? I can't find any there. Which brand?

I am looking for the DVDs, not the CDs.

Thanks!!!

Well, I broke down and bought one. $99 @ Wal-Mart, and a 10-pack of CDs for less than $7! Great deal!

Now, if only I knew when I could get some DVDs for it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom