Nubius...so how is it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
Dude, we've been hearing about the 6600GT for days now (and I'm jealous by the way, thanks a lot, hahaha). Anyway, is it what you expected? Any driver issues or installation problems? Can you see a noticeable difference from your 5700?

I was talking to him earlier, and he loves it! He can max out games totally. His Doom 3 performance is wonderful.....I'm jealous there. Its definately the best bang for your buck right now.

lol yeah, after of course my normal computer troubles (anytime I mess around with the insides of my computer, it never boots the first time =/) but anyway I got it running.

Kotor: II completely maxed out, 4x aa, 16x AF, 1280x1024 resolution, freakin flawless unless smoke covers the entire screen then theres slow down, but OH WELL, I can deal lol.

Doom3 is pretty good. 1024x768, High settings, 2x AA 50-60FPS most of the time thus far :D If there's like just a CRAPLOAD of moving stuff in the room it will slow down to 30, but hell it's completely tolerable.

HL2 I haven't gotten to try out yet. Got to get it from a friend and re-install it.

Haven't tried Far cry yet either...but I will be doing some benching with a couple other people on these forums.

One AMD64 system, my XP, and an Intel system, all of us with 6600GT, different brands lol.

We will see how it does stock, and the OC them...see who can OC the furthest and who gets better scores then.

I'm thinkin I'm gonna wind up OC'ing it a little tonight, just to get an idea of how far it'll go :p

Currently only official bench I've done is 3dmark03 with 7555 as my score.

I went from a geforce 4 mx420 to an x800 xt platinum edition. And I thought the ATI was much better. I will never purchase another nvidia in my life. The nvidia couldn't keep up with the ati at all.

dale5605 said:
I went from a geforce 4 mx420 to an x800 xt platinum edition. And I thought the ATI was much better. I will never purchase another nvidia in my life. The nvidia couldn't keep up with the ati at all.
Are you an idiot? geforce 4 mx is probobly like 20x slower than the x800 xt. Before you talk why don't you try using a 6800 Ultra.

dale5605 said:

Those cards are 3 generations away. And comparing a company's very top end compared to nvidia's low end card.

EDIT: Since my 6600GT raped my 9200SE i guess I will never get an ATI product ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom