mobo problemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale5605

Daemon Poster
Well my noob brother was tinkering with a computer. Anyway I don't know what the heck he did but it won't boot up now. When the power supply is plugged in the green indicator light on the mobo is illuminated. But when I push the power button to turn it on nothing happens. Is there something I need to reset or what? :confused:

I just popped it out and then put it back in again while the power was off, is that what you mean? It didn't do anything. I mean the computer won't load up at all. It makes no noise or sign of life when I hit the power.

this is basic but needed for start up....

Make sure you have a keyboard plugged in, you may have a bad psu so look on line about jumping pins and seeing if it starts up that way (usually a green and black or gray and black)

if ur computer isint displaying anything on ur moniter then ur motherboard is fried done deal... same shit happend 2 me i was messing with the stuff inside my comp like the frontpanel usb and stuff iw as ceoncting and my comp froze when i pluged it in i restarted it and nothing on screen comp wudnt get past post so thenn i noticed it was fried and replaced it for a new one so urs is fried if it dont get past post screen.. see ya..

Ok you are right somehow the pins did come loose, thanks apok. So now the mobo is showing signs of life. But now when I plug in the power it makes a series of beeps. It was about 12 beeps or so then it stopped. I don't know what to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom