Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Hi guys! Long time I've posted here. Is there an external battery to power a shuttle or sff pc?

You have to find somebody (or a forum) who knows a lot about electronics. It would be a simple circuit, but for a absolute beginner it could be tricky. Friends of mine have thought about this as well, to build a backup battery for my Ipod.

Type "Electronics Forum" in google, and you get heaps of places that could help.

Wayne

Re:

Hello,

I'm not sure if i'm thinking correctly...but couldn't you just get an Uninterruptable Power Supply for your PC?

uninterruptable psu would not be worth it because i still need a current to run the shuttle

UPS's are designed to store a limited amount of power so that if there is a power failure, you have enough time to save your work and shut down
they are not designed to be used as a battery so you can run your computer off it all the time

waynejkruse10 said:
You have to find somebody (or a forum) who knows a lot about electronics. It would be a simple circuit, but for a absolute beginner it could be tricky. Friends of mine have thought about this as well, to build a backup battery for my Ipod.

Type "Electronics Forum" in google, and you get heaps of places that could help.

Wayne

That would be me, i know alot about analog electronics :)

he needs to wire some batteries together (parralel or serial, im not sure) and have something to regulatethe power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom