Ordered My Sapphire ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beedubaya.... nothing is wrong with the X800 XT PE... The 6800 Ultra is not better performing either.. I have read tons of reviews, witch state the X800 XT PE is either better or the same as the 6800 Ultra. You wont find any kind of review stating the 6800 Ultra is better. The X800 XT PE has better drivers then the 6800 Ultra also, with helps alot. That has alot to do with ATI releasing alot more cards then Nivida. But either way.

Alot more people like Nivida then ATI, but thats not the principle. The X800 XT PE is a damn good card. You shouldent be criticizing me because i got a ATI dude. Thats pretty out of line. Theirs no huge performance gain from either cards.

Nubius, im trying to talk my friend into upgrading his computer. I want him to get the 6600 GT. Im not sure what he has as of rite now. But its nothing near a 6600 GT. That card must be working great for you. Since you had something alot slower. I never had a fast video card or processor before. The fastest i played was my friends 3.2ghz prescott, with some kind of 125 video card. I cant wait to run the X800 XT PE and my newcastle.

I think you will find with 6800U systems currently holding the world records and stuff, that they are better.

Codeine said:
Beedubaya.... nothing is wrong with the X800 XT PE... The 6800 Ultra is not better performing either.. I have read tons of reviews, witch state the X800 XT PE is either better or the same as the 6800 Ultra. You wont find any kind of review stating the 6800 Ultra is better. The X800 XT PE has better drivers then the 6800 Ultra also, with helps alot. That has alot to do with ATI releasing alot more cards then Nivida. But either way.

Alot more people like Nivida then ATI, but thats not the principle. The X800 XT PE is a damn good card. You shouldent be criticizing me because i got a ATI dude. Thats pretty out of line. Theirs no huge performance gain from either cards.

Nubius, im trying to talk my friend into upgrading his computer. I want him to get the 6600 GT. Im not sure what he has as of rite now. But its nothing near a 6600 GT. That card must be working great for you. Since you had something alot slower. I never had a fast video card or processor before. The fastest i played was my friends 3.2ghz prescott, with some kind of 125 video card. I cant wait to run the X800 XT PE and my newcastle.

Codeine, i wasn't critisizing you, and let me know how the X800XT P.E. turns out. I am particularly not an ATI fan because my X800 Pro has left me with my head banging against my desk, but hopefully the P.E. will treat you better. Keep me posted....

Beedubaya, what happen with the X800 Pro? Well im hoping for the best. I was either going to get the 6800 Ultra or the X800 XT PE. But the PE had higher clock speeds, good reviews, and the lastest drivers. Then ZipZoom had it for such a low price. So i decided to get it. If ZipZoom dident have such a great price, i think i would of gotten the 6800 GT or Ultra. Maybe even the XT it self.

I own a 6600gt and really like the performance for the low-demand games i usually play. I was lookin at an X800 for my next system though, hearin good things about 'em so enjoy!

I dont suggest the X800 pro. Either get the X800 XT or X800 XT Platinum, thats if you want ATI. If your in the X800 pro price range, get the 6800 GT, way better.

Nubius, im trying to talk my friend into upgrading his computer. I want him to get the 6600 GT. Im not sure what he has as of rite now. But its nothing near a 6600 GT. That card must be working great for you. Since you had something alot slower.
This is the best system I've ever had in my entire life dude and still people would say it sucks lol. But oh well, FECK EM! I aint got deep pockets so this is the best I could do.

Thus far I love this card and I can't wait to OC it. Kotor: II at 1280x1024 resolution, 4x AA, 16x AF, no slow down unless there's smoke from mines covering the whole screen, but that's do be expected with the AA, other than that, man it's so damn crisp I love it. I've never been able to play games like this before :D

This is also the first time I've ever been able to see Doom3 at highest settings.

Got 7530 in 3dmark03 with it...buuut I've never really done benches before so I don't know how that compares lol.

Since I removed water cooling from my system and using a rather simple air cooling (meaning SLK-900A but with no tornado..WAY too loud for my liking) my temps were hitting 51C while gaming at 2.5GHz 1.85Vcore which is UNACCEPTABLE for me haha

Right now I just ran 3dmark03 again with DDR470 (didn't crash! Maybe my games wont now either! I hope I hope I hope) I got a whole 7555 lol. 25 point increase! Don't know when I'll OC this card. Want to give it some break in time first.

That's a good card man, you will love it. :)
I don't see why you would want to overclock it though, seems like a waste to me since it is already powerful enough to handle anything. :amazed:
And actually if you are in the x800 pro range there is hope for you now. The x800 xl is around $349 right now and has 16 pipelines so it is very similar to an xt.

I've only benched on 3dmark03 once. I like 05 much better. :eek:
I scored 12,660 stock. So there's a comparison for you. I would try benching on 05 though since it is a more accurate assessment of modern video cards such as the 6800 and x800. I scored a 5,928 on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom