Point to Point T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SooprmanX

Beta member
How exactly does this work? I mean ok, say you have two businesses and they are like 1 mile apart and they order a point to point T1 so they could be on the same network. The telephone compnay would jsut come out and to the demark rim a T1 box with the channel bank? And then that would be the "connection" across the two LANs? I mean would that be all you need to do? I mean ofcourse you would run it to a router then a swtich or however you were going to do it. But I mean what more would be needed in order for this to worK? I guess I am jsut not exactly understandingthis too much and I jsut have some question.s Please resopnd to IM me on AIM (SooprmanX) and we can talk about this. Thank you.

at that point it would be a wan,

essentially all it would be like it one long network cable, you configure the router, or whatever you are using, pix, does not matter.....

its setup so the computers think that they are all on the same domain.... you will see latency when doing this because the data has to travel accross some distace.

we have a similar setup here at work, I have 2 remote offices, one is about 100km (or 60 miles) away, and the other is about 200km (or 120 miles) and things are fine, everything works, the computer work off the same domain policy I have setup for the rest of the network.....

as long as those computers can see your dc and bdc then you are fine....

point to point

So you are using a NT 4.0 network then? Because I saw you put PDC and BDC. This sounds easy enough. I mean taht is all I thought it was anyways. There is going to need to be some sort of firewall protecting it from outside traffic no?

actually the network is under win2k, have a few servers that are running 2003, but either way you still need to have a PDC and a BDC

and yes, you should setup a firewall, we user netscreen.... very good..... easy to configure....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom