Overclocking XP 2400+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand-[79th]

Baseband Member
I've got an XP 2400+ up to 2.2GHz quite reliable but I wanna see how far I can push it with air cooling before I go with a liquid cooling system that I'm designing.

Using a Gigabyte GA-7VA Mobo,
TBred XP 2400+
Single Winbond 256MB DDR-333
Thermaltake Volcano 7+
Arctic Silver 3

Any suggestions?

yea man. its a nice sound system ^^;; get a new video card
Also the heatsink is pretty nice as-well as the HDD.

Can i ask if u are happy with the temp's that your getting with the heatsink and fan?

Cheers

Well.. the cpu normally runs close to the system temp. normally about 30c.

When I oc to 2.2G the temp will rise to about 34c.

I can't list any load temps because I haven't installed any monitoring software. I suppose I could get an LCD readout panel.

As for the graphics card, Its my birthday on the 25th and I should be getting an FX5600 Ultra. :)

I have to say, I'm impressed with the Volcano.. although it is loud at max fan speed.

I've been looking at the Aero 7 lately, good benchmarks keeping CPU's like yours around 32-36 under load

Hey man I have the Thermaltake Lanfire2000A I think if you really wanted a quite case with LCD read screen and 5 fans this is the best bang for your buck it's quite a nice case you can check it out on their website or coolerguys.com is a good site for all your case cooling needs and for some nice cases. It runs about $100 and keeps my computer around 30c.

Video- ATI 9800 pro 256MB
Ram- 512 2700 Crucial + 256 2700 Crucial
Processor- Intel 2.0GHz celeron...so sad
HDD- (2) Seagate 80GB 7200
Sound- Some trash that came with computer
Speakers- 120W 5.1 digital surround

Well.. thats a bit expensive, now i'm outta work again :p

I don't think a new case is really nessecary unless I'm building a new PC, which I might do when I get a new job.

I'm trying to design a new aluminium double size case atm.
I'm thinking about a bolted frame rather than welded or riveted, that way I can take it apart or change the size when I want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom