good air cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale5605

Daemon Poster
Need some opinions on the good air cooling stuff out there. For the CPU I was thinking Zalman CNPS7700-Cu.
http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-7700-cu-cpu-cooler.html

I need to know what some good case fans are. Not looking for LED's or anything fancy. Just real good fans with high CFm and somewhat lower dba. I need an 80mm and a 120mm fan. :D
:p

:beard:

Also wondering does it matter whether I get 3 or 4 pin fans? I don't know which the Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 has. Nor do I know how many it has or where they are located at this time.

Err also wondering are there any wires that come out of the PS which can connect directly to fans?if so what pin

You want 3 pin for your CPU unless you have a seperate RPM cord. If the zalman is too big, take a look at the venus 12 \ volcano 12.

Also panasonic panaflo for your 120mm fan.

I would suggest of finding a few good high cfm and using them with a fan bay controller. This way you can turn them up and down when you dont mind the noise, and when you want better cooling.

3 pin fans plug into the motherboard
4 pin fans plug into your PSU

Cooler Master, Arctic Cooling, Thermaltake and Silent X make very good fans in terms of noise to airflow

But if you hook up a fan to the PS and not the mobo will it still be detected? Meaning can I monitor its speed with a mobo program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom