Please help me! Computer Startup Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppin_Fresh

Beta member
Recently I turned off my computer using the button instead of the other method of turning off my computer. After that I turned back on my computer like a couple seconds later. To my suprise my computer would show me the company logo screen then just go into darkness and not going any further then the very beginning screen. I tried unplugging it and letting it cool off. Please help me.

I did it cause well I'm not the the most computer savvy person, so I usually turn off my computer that way since it takes like 2 or so minutes to turn off my computer the other way so yeah >_>. I think the company is ASUS?

I kinda have an update on this, sorry if it is considered double posting. I managed to get to the advanced windows start up option where you can choose safe mode and all the jazz and when I run any of the safe modes I get a line that looks like mutli(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe then the same line but instead of ntkrnlpa.exe it is some .dll files. I was wondering with this new information if someone could help me or should I just get a new computer?

Poppin_Fresh said:
I did it cause well I'm not the the most computer savvy person, so I usually turn off my computer that way since it takes like 2 or so minutes to turn off my computer the other way so yeah >_>. I think the company is ASUS?

2 whole minites huh? now don't ya wish you spent those 2 minites shutting down your computer now? Most likly you corrupted some key files in your Operating System, which means at very least will have to run the repair option from the XP cd. At most you'd need a new HD and to reinstall XP. Most likly you wern't given an XP cd, so you won't be able to take even the first steps to fixing the problem.

So all in all, go into a computer shop, and spread your ass cheeks, because after hearing that story they're probably gonna screw it to you for 2 or 300 more then they would normally.

BTW do you lease or own your car?

^bluntly put
cutting the power to your computer every time you shut it down is not a smart thing to do, I suppose you had that coming

My button on my asus does a soft shutdown, like start > shutdown.

However if your doing hard shutdowns, you messed up your windows install.

If you dont have an XP cd, get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom