p1, 133 boot sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomlight

Solid State Member
A lady who has cancer has asked me to fix a virus on her computer. It is totally locked up so I want to do a 98 reinstall. It is a p1 133 and has a cd drive but I don`t know how to get the bios set up to boot from cd first .The boot sequence does not seem to give me the cd drive option.I hate to pull on heartstrings but this lady may not have to much longer so I want to get this done as soon as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

randomlight said:
A lady who has cancer has asked me to fix a virus on her computer. It is totally locked up so I want to do a 98 reinstall. It is a p1 133 and has a cd drive but I don`t know how to get the bios set up to boot from cd first .The boot sequence does not seem to give me the cd drive option.I hate to pull on heartstrings but this lady may not have to much longer so I want to get this done as soon as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Your 133 won't boot to cd. make sure your bios boots to a: first. boot to your a: boot disk. at a: prompt type format c: after you have formated, reboot to your disk. at a: type e: at e: prompt type setup. with your 98 in your cd

Thanks ,I hate to be a pain but I could use some more of your insight. I got the boot disk and formatted 2 drives (it was partitioned) but when I choose my install from cd prompt I get a message that the cd and drivers can not be found. I`m hoping it is a bios thing but can`t find anything that would enable cd support .I also set the bios to default but no luck. Could you advise me with this thanks

I have used the prompt "setup" on all the drives (a b c d e) and none of them can access the cdrom.

There is an option when your first boot from a 98 floppy boot disk that says start with CD-ROM support and start without CD-ROM support. Are you positve you seleced the WITH CD-ROM support option?

Yes i select the use cd support option but get the message cd drivers not available. I will try to find an actual 98 os and take a boot copy from it but am not sure that this will help the computer recognize the cdrom thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom