Weird Problem. Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bew556

Baseband Member
I've been having issues with my computer lately and I just got my replacement video card. A couple weeks ago I sent off my 6800gt to get it replaced because I figured thats what was giving me all these problems. I figured this because when I put my old video card in my computer(ti 4600) I never got any errors. So now I have my new one and I still have weird problems occur. I downloaded Swat 4 demo and everytime I alt+tab it, or even exit out of the game, as soon as it shows the desktop it restarts my comp...why? This only happens with this game(so far), the only other 2 games I've tested are hl2 and wow, and those don't do it. I will try more eventually. Everytime my fish screen saver runs it will eventually freeze as well, which it does not on my old video card. I'm thinking its the power supply, since my old video card runs perfect but requires no power supply and my new one does require a connection to the power supply. Any ideas?

Its 420watts. Its a turbolink power supply, does anybody know if thats a good brand? I was told when looking for a power supply to look for something that is AMD Certified and it is.

AMD certified or intel certified means nothing, but i dont think the power supply is your problem.

Sounds like an infinite loop caused by the driver or something. Sometimes on my broken 6600GT when i windowed out it would crash like yours, most of the time being infinite driver loop.

Clean off the old drivers and reinstall new drivers.

Well I have recieved and error along time ago before I sent my video card off that said something about drivers in a continuous loop. I don't get that anymore. Not only have I tried reinstalling drivers before, I've even reformatted many times. I did just uninstall and reinstall drivers but itstead of getting them from nvidias website I used the driver cd. Now Swat 4 seems to work fine when I alt+tab or exit out of the game. However my screen saver still freezes(i can still move mouse but I can't control+alt+del or anything) and now every time I log in and then out of a character on WoW some of my menus are messed up(if i alt+tab it and bring the game back up again the menus are no longer distorted). Im going to try reinstalling it to see if that helps. Its just like problem after problem. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom