Fan mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky9

Baseband Member
I have used up primarily alll the slots in my raidmax case. and none of them are 120 mm, and thats something i really want.

so i have 2 questions.

1) where can i find the fan mounting devices that you clip the fans into (screwless). i realize that they are screwed in regardless, but i would cut off the clips and glue it to the top of my case.

2) how do you cut holes in your case fit for fans? i have no idea what to do it with. and how to. etc.

if you got a few extra bucks and a good drill with a big chuck,,, try a holesaw, nothin makes a cleaner hole than that. i use them for 92 and 80mm holes, havnt looked for oen for a 120mm though

i drillled a 80mm blow hole in the top of my last case using a holesaw and it didnt come out great, im not very good at DIY so made sure this case had all cooling i needed. u can try the 92-120mm convertor things, dont know how they screw in or anything though sumthing ud have to look at.

I will have to try the holesaw, since i have a big drill. It's a raidmax case too i want to put another fan on.

Also, use 1 1/2 inch #6 bolts for attatching fans (with the matching nut)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom