Windows Xp Pro installation [HELP!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay

Baseband Member
Ok im installing windows , but at the end of installing windows xp Professional it has this error with a blue screen

***stop: 0x0000008E (0xC000001D,0x800DAA1E,0x80550670,0x00000000)

Any 1 no wat this stands for, wat type of error it is ?

Come up in a blue screen witha page full of writing then it restarted comp did installation again then i wen into windows afta 1 min that came bak up and computer just keeped crashing wen it booted windows??

Sounds like a hardware conflict...something doesn't like that copy of windows or something in your hardware is bad. Liz

I think that'll be some problem with your memory.

Have you had the machine running before?

if so have you made any changes to it since then?

You have sufficient memory i.e. > 128Meg?

If you have more than one stick of memory try taking one out, if you get the same problem swap it over etc... Otherwise it could just be a faulty stick of memory.

...or it could be some other bit of hardware (but probably not)

Possibility...

RESOLUTION
To troubleshoot this behavior, follow these steps: 1. Remove some of the memory modules that are installed on the computer. Leave at least the RAM that is required for the computer to start and run Windows XP.

The recommended RAM to run Windows XP is 128 megabytes (MB). The minimum is 64 MB, and the maximum is 4 gigabytes.

For example, if two 256-MB memory modules are installed on your computer, remove one of the memory modules.
2. Restart your computer, and then run the Setup program:a. Insert the Windows XP Setup CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive, start the computer, and then click OK to select the first option screen to install a copy of Windows XP.
b. Click Accept, and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Windows XP installation.

3. If you again receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, go to step 4.
4. Remove a different memory module, or install the RAM in a different memory slot.
5. Restart your computer, and then rerun Setup.

You may have to restart your computer several times to identify the specific memory modules that are not working correctly.

I just built it SPECS:

AMD Athlon Xp 2700+
DDR400 - 512MB
Western Digital-80Gig Serial ATA
AGP Radeon 9250 128mb
Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394

Only 1 stik of ram so and when i put the ram in DIMM slot 1 the screen wont turn on for sum reason! then move it to DIMM 2 and it works and slot 3 works as well???

Also Updated to the newest bios due to SATA hard drive!

I Probly Fried da motherboard and the ram slots dont work! is dat possible turning it on with no ram?

Starting it up with no ram in it wont do anything, make sure you have the ram properly seated and its the correct kind like pc3200 that your mobo supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom