Video Card Fan is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danmit11

Solid State Member
Hey everyone. Recently the small fan on the bottom of my video card has completely stopped moving. Many weeks before the fan broke, it had been making some really damn loud noises. I figured it was nothing major and it was just slightly loose (something I couldn't and still can't fix).

Anyway, I need a new fan and I need it now. I don't use my PC for any gaming. Just school work and internet browsing. Ever since the fan stopped, I have refrained from watching any DVDs or online videos at all because I know that would seriously heat up the video card. And I really do not want to buy a new video card because I'm in college and am (of course) poor.

Now I got the computer custom made at a "used" Computer store in my hometown. None of the hardware, however, was actually used. Only the monitor, keyboard, mouse, 3X5 floppy drive were used. Everything else was new.

Anyway, let's get to the point. Here are the only stats I know about my video card, as well as the broken fan that is on the card:

Video Card:

NVIDIA geforce2 64 meg
I took the card out and inspected it and found these numbers written on it:
NV892.0
REV. A
72752.0 (I think this is the MPN number, whatever that means)
VTQC
SN#: 2977437

Little Fan on the Video Card:

PSC Select
DC Brushless Fan
Model: PC1124510MY1N
12 VDC
110 MA
1.32 W

I don't know if any of this information helps. I basically am just looking to find a fan that will FIT onto the video card. Also, I need one that isn't so powerful that it will short-circuit the card or something (I don't know what I'm talking about, if you haven't guessed already).

So if anyone has any suggestions on what fan I should buy, then please let me know. I heard that www.pricewatch.com is a good place to purchase computer equipment.

is it over dusty ???? lol

if not then just get some kind of PCI slot fan... like a Vantec one, cant remember the model.. but its a Blue UV pci slot with 2 70m fans blowing onto ur agp slot, its about $12 american....

No, I've cleaned it for dust and it definitely was not the problem. May have been what caused it, but now, even clean, it don't work.

Will that Vantec fan not short-out the card? or anythign like that? Sorry, I'm paranoid and poor. Not a good combo.

Getting a vantec spectrum card is a good idea. This actually wont plug into your graphics card.

Could ya take some pictures of your graphics card so we can get an idea for a heatsink?

I had the exact same issue with a geforce 4 graphics card that your having.

I don't have a digital camera. But I will see if I can find someone who does.

I found this fan on some website. Nothing fancy, but I was wondering if it is compatable. I think it's the correct size and I think 5V is ok but honestly I'm not sure.

http://coolerstar.com/tt405vdcfan.html

I also stumbled across this:

http://www.caspower.com/product.asp?pID=129&cID=24&c=43634

But I'll see If I can find a digi cam. Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a heatsink? Is it the grid-like "holder" that my old fan is in?

i had that exact card and my fan died too. I ended up finding an old socket 3 mobo and got the fan off the cpu... the card was fried tho, so the fan didn't help.

Anyways, try to find a similar fan from old computer parts (if you have any). If not, then get a pci slot fan as suggested above.

If not those, then save your money for a card. I'm in college too, minimumm wage job with barely any hours, and i managed to buy a new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom