AGP 8x on 4X mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does SiS have to do with anything?

Your card should work. Have him stick in a different 6600GT in and see what happens.

-x86

yeah, that will tell you if its the motherboards or gpu's fault, if he feels reluctant, its probly because he knows he's wrong.

Chrono said:
ok
can someone help me out here

i wrote into the guy and that u guyz said it should work, and heres what he said.

"That is 100% true if the motherboard was a 4x/8x motherboard

Yours is not.

I believe the video card is 100% ok and that it is an incompatibility with your agp port or the fact you have sis chipset board"

any respone on this would be good

thx
4x/8x does not mean 4x and 8x. Its 4x or 8x, meaning it should work fine with your mobo. I'm not saying that the vid card is the problem, because it could be something else causing problems.

I don't know what this idiot is thinking, but please tell us his website, or store name so we don't accidently shop there. Most likly this person gave you a fubar card that he knew was damaged. Report him to the bbb, then go talk with a laywer, your time, money spent, the money you lost to not having this computer running, its all worth something.

next time you go into the shop, record what he says, i.e the technical BS.. tell him if he doesnt replace your card you will take him to court, and u will win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom