Boot error

Status
Not open for further replies.

po!

Beta member
Hey,

I just put my system together about a month ago, I'll post specs near the end.
Everything has been running smoothly up until last night, I restart and i get to POST and i get a message "detecting array"......, after about 5 min. an error message comes up saying my array has errors, this message is in red. Then it hangs for awhile and i have to turn it off.

Here's the kicker, if I put my windows CD in everything starts up normal and then windows loads.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would just suddenly happen?

Here are my specs.
Amd 3500+ (Newcastle)
MSI KN8 Neo2 Platinum MB
1 Gig OCZ Plat. Rev2 PC 3200
eVGA 6800 GT
2x80 Gig WD 7200 HDD in RAID 0

if you dont have anything important on your pc id say reload windows its the easy way out lol but there could be a number of possible problems

Could be anything... a virus, a hardware issue, a loose cable...

Formatting your HDD may be the easiest option, but first try going into BIOS (hit Delete on boot-up), and turning off any error-detection option, see how that goes.

I assume there is a file corruption with one of your Windows files, possibly a driver or boot file. I am thinking that your system uses files from your Windows CD in order to boot successfully.

You could try a repair and see if that fixes the problem, but a clean install is always better.

Thanks for the replies,

Turns out I just needed to update the BIOS for my Mobo. I haven't had any problems since.

Now i just wish i had an extra grand laying around to get an FX cpu. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom