Stress Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know i could never play doom 3, and im on dial up so im not getting 3dmark05, hmmm how big of a file is prime95? and can you link it to me, my lord? lol

Hmm Im starting to freak... CPU is at 122F with the program running for maybe 10 min.... Wonder how long it can go lol

Damn only 16 min.... Wonder if its my crappy ass ram.

hahaha funny nubius =D speaking of stress test.. well not really...i heard new comps have to have a "burn in" period? care to explain what that is?

try Prime95 and run it for a couple of days. Also lets you know if ur comp is stable

i heard new comps have to have a "burn in" period? care to explain what that is?
They dont HAVE to, but if you're planning on OC'ing it's a good idea. Simple thermodynamics :D The transistors warm up and expand which may allow them to OC further if you give them a week or so to warm up to the heat and whatnot. It's sometimes possibly to get better OC's than if you tried to OC it right out the box

I waited a full month before i bothered to OC my system and you see the results, just need better ram caz i fail that test with in 16 min.

Some hardware just won't overclock. If you bought really good RAM, then you should be okay. If you bought the ultra cheapo stuff, then you've got little sticks of death.

As for benchmarks, 3Dmark is great for gaming tests and I would definately suggest you figure out a way to get it to your PC. If you can't find a fast connection to download the demo to a thumb drive or something, send them an email and they'll mail you a copy on CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom