I cant install games anymore..PLease help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this sounds like you have a really old game and are trying to play it on the latest OS. Good luck with that. :)

Sometimes I can get them to work if I just do a frenzy of retries...Other times I have to set the compatability mode to run in ultra-dumb mode.

I did one strange thing that cured that problem.

Navigate to your Windows/System32 folder and verify that the Autoexec.NT file is really in there.

In my case, it wasn't, but it was somewhere else. So in that case, I ran the "Search" feature , in both search fields I typed "autoexec.nt", and it should find it somewhere in your PC.

Once it finds the file, place it in your Windows/System32 directory and see if that solves the problem.

Good luck!

i did a format which fixed the problem I think the autoexec.nt was completely missing.I was trying to put in some drivers for my printer and scanner which are 16 bit so I kinda needed them I'm still working out how to use xp I'm used to 98se but I guess I will muddle my way though thanks for all your help

RedRecon2004 said:
I did one strange thing that cured that problem.

Navigate to your Windows/System32 folder and verify that the Autoexec.NT file is really in there.

In my case, it wasn't, but it was somewhere else. So in that case, I ran the "Search" feature , in both search fields I typed "autoexec.nt", and it should find it somewhere in your PC.

Once it finds the file, place it in your Windows/System32 directory and see if that solves the problem.

Good luck!

For anyone else experiencing this problem I did exactly what RedRedcon suggested and it solved my problem also.

All VM Ware is a program to run mulitple OS'es on. It like Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. A lot of helpdesks use this type of software that have all the OS'es on it. Makes it more effeicent and low cost.

yeah, VMWare will also allow him to use Dos based programs that have a problem running in windowsXP compatability modes. Used it to run older ultima games.

wen i insert a game cd it'l bring up this error and it says this.

-16 bit Windows Subsystem-

C:/Windows/System32/Autoexec.NT The system file is not suitable
for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Try this:
MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message

This installation program will reinstall the missing or corrupt Windows XP system files command.com, autoexec.nt and config.nt. The absence or corruption of one or more of these files causes a "16 Bit Subsystem" error.

XP_Fix.EXE by TRF Systems, Inc

http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/xp_fix.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom