Setting a default desktop resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfagan

Beta member
I've been having problems ever since I switched my video card from a radeon to a nvidia card. I have to use a refresh locking program on my monitor to get the fps output in the games i play. but every time I set my desktop resolution higher I forget to reset it back before I turn off my system. When this happens every time i turn the computer back on i have to go through and hit f5, and hit the last known good configuration button.

My question is does anyone know if there is a way to set a resolution for windows xp to boot in? Like a default setting, or a line of code i can put in the win.ini files anything of that nature would be helpful thanks in advance.

-tfagan

Yes

Yes, I used the uninstall program for the drivers as well as a version of the detonator deystroyers for the catalyst drivers. I've also been through the registry to delete all pertinent files to radeon. Still no luck on my end.

It sounds like a driver is corrupt of some sort. Did you try uninstalling the new drivers, and reinstalling? Or uninstall them and do a system restore? Did you make sure it was seated properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom