invalid filename

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
I have 3 TIF files on a CD. each one has an invalid extra space at the end of their filenames (leia.tif[spacing]) and windows is unable to copy the file to hard disk. Does anybody know how to force windows to copy this file or if linux or macOS can do this?

I can't extract them off the CD, thats my main problem. it is a mac/ pc hybrid disc compilation. I'm guessing it was created with a mac. I don't see how a filename with a space at the end could have been put on the CD.

You might be able to open it on a Mac as they are notorious for abusing extensions and causing hell on a PC. Have you tried it on a Mac at all? If you can at least do that and name them correctly and reburn them that may work.

Will it copy if you kill the "explorer" process, launch new process command prompt and then try and copy it that way? worth a shot.

I'll have to wait til I get to work next week to try it on a mac. But in the meantime I was going to install College Linus on my PC to see if that works. I'm going to test out your explorer trick to see if that works, thanks for the suggestion.

damn it still doesn't work and now my desktop is totally black. I'll see if linux can do it, I hear mac runs on debian linux so its worth a shot

-edit
I got em, i installed knoppix 3.7 to my hard disk and tranfered the renamed files through my network. College linux totally sucked. it didn't detect any of my basic hardware other than a ps/2 mouse and keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom