transfering files

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
What is the best way to transfer files from my old Dell to my new custom? I was thinking install my rig's HD into the dell and just transfer that way but i dont know if thats a great idea. Will my computer work without a HD while its installed in the Dell? I will be transfering several gigs of music, games, programs, etc. so any other means of transfering need to be able to transfer all of that quickly and easily.

that seems to be the best and fastest option. i did that when i was moving about a gb of music and it worked great.

tigerfootball05 said:
will my new rig be able to work without an HD for a little while?

not if your operating system is on the harddrive thats in the other computer. you have to have an operating system to use your computer.

I'd just setup a 100mb network, it wouldn't take overnight, but probably an hour.

100mbs=12.5mBs 2000mB\12.5mBs = 160s

Its not gonna finish in 160 seconds, but you get the idea. hmmm I must have screwed that up some how, that seems way too fast.

hmmm I must have screwed that up some how, that seems way too fast.
I do like the idea of being able to transfer 2Gigs in under 3 minutes though :)

Yeah so do I :) I do have a 100mbps network, maybe I should try it out next week and see. I'm pretty sure I did the math right, so it might be interesting to make a 1 gig file and then transfer it to see the difference between thoretical and actual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom