ATI Radeon X300 SE and big lines!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vialli25

Solid State Member
Hi I'm having a very irritating problem with my graphics card. When I play certain games such as C&C:Generals and The Matrix Online I get polygons all over the screen. The textures start stretching across the screen and all sorts.

It's very frustrating. I've tried all different drivers for my card, I have re-installed it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have posted a pic below to show you what I mean. As you can see there are large black blocks coming out of my characters head...

Attachments

• matrix.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 89
Just to add...

I am running Windows Media Center Edition 2005 with a Pentium 4 HT 3.4GHz and 1GB DDR RAM.

ur comp sounds very much ilke a prebuilt system, is that right? usually they woo ppl with high end cpus and saying they have lots of ram but putting a very cheap graphics card in or alot of the time having onboard graphics which are 100x worse. anyhow about your problem it looks like ur card is running to fast to wat its meant to, be it either the core or the memory speed. OR it could be to the card overheating which is a big possiblity cos prebuilt systems have rubbish cooling. If i were u i would download EVEREST

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Everest-Home-Edition--Beta-Download-16369.html

and go to display then gpu and that will tell u wat speed your card is running at and sum1 on here will be able to tell u if thats the right speed for that card. i havent used a ati before so i dont know what software you could use to find out the temp of that. hope this helps

Hi cheers for that. Here is the report for my card:

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.00.248 Beta
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Quick Report
Computer COOKIE1 (Main Desktop)
Generator James
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2005-03-03
Time 22:52

--------[ GPU ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ PCI Express x16: ATI Radeon X300 (RV370) ]

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon X300 (RV370)
GPU Code Name RV370
PCI Device 1002 / 5B60
Transistors 75 million
Process Technology 0.11u
Bus Type PCI Express x16
Memory Size 128 MB
GPU Clock 324 MHz (original: 325 MHz)
RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 4
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders 2 (v2.0)
Pixel Shaders 1 (v2.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0
Pixel Fillrate 1296 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 1296 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type DDR
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 202 MHz (DDR) (original: 203 MHz)
Effective Clock 404 MHz
Bandwidth 3232 MB/s

Graphics Processor Manufacturer:
Company Name ATI Technologies Inc.
Product Information http://www.ati.com/products/gamer.html
Driver Download http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

Can anyone tell me if this is ok or not?

Cheers, James

p.s yes it is a pre-built system. Philips Freeline, duno if you've heard of it??

If he's never OC'd the card then I doubt the settings are going beyond what they should be. Seems like your card is overheating or dying. My card (only had 6 months...damn chaintech) is crapping out and polygons will flash white, and sometimes the whole screen flashes white. So yeah sounds like your card is just crappin out on ya. I'd look for warrenty info and see if that company will replace it

I guess that's what I better do then. I only got the PC a month ago and the card came with it. Suppose I'll have to send the PC off as I don't think I actually have any warranty with the card, just the actual PC.
:(

sry mate thats the risk u run when u buy a prebuilt system as we advise every1 on here if u learn to build ur own system u will save money and end up which a better computer and ul know wat uve put in is good stuff :) good luck

This happens to me on my 9500... seems to be a driver/heat issue on ATI cards. Usually re-starting fixed it for me. But I did notice that it happened more when I moved the extra case fan away. You may have no fan on your X300, which is causing it to overheat. Buy a cheap case fan and stick it somewhere in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom