Verizon FIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
roadrunner should be giving you better than that, I regularly see 4.3Mbps down and about 530Kbps up, over last 2 days alone Ive had 15.3GB of throughput

An area not far from me has a fiber optic service much like FIOS, although its a different company that does it. You get awesome speeds with FIOS, but i've heard latency can be horrible at times. Lets get majestic in here, he has experience with FIOS.

i remember hearing about this a couple months back, probably more like 4 or 5 months but yeah, it isnt available in all areas yet. but if youre in one of the test areas for this service its about the best deal you can get. i know a guy in alaska paying nearly that and he has a bandwith limit per month :angry:

I have experience with Verizon FIOS, I have used it for months. It has great down speed when it feels like it. The speeds are to much for the ISP servers to handle so there is numerous outages. My family has had it before and I would say 1-3 days out of the week it is up and running. They got sued here for breaking their policys. I dont reccomend it. Stay with what you have for another few months untill the technology becomes higher and their servers can handle it.

majistic said:
I have experience with Verizon FIOS, I have used it for months. It has great down speed when it feels like it. The speeds are to much for the ISP servers to handle so there is numerous outages. My family has had it before and I would say 1-3 days out of the week it is up and running. They got sued here for breaking their policys. I dont reccomend it. Stay with what you have for another few months untill the technology becomes higher and their servers can handle it.

Thanks alot for your reply.

I was hesitant because I remember not too long ago Verizon began replacing the copper wires with fiber optic cables. I had a feeling there would be numerous times when the service would fail. Thank you for confirming my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom