Floppy drive help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't seem to edit anything in my bios. Don't you just press enter on the entry and then press enable? It's like my bios is set read only or something, because everything is grayed out, except like the name of a sub directory, like VIA super IO device under integegrated peripherals (but I still can edit nothing in it).

Of the 3 things I listed, were you able to do any of them? If so, which ones?

If you still can't change anything, go to 'advanced chipset features' in bios & change the 'bios write protect' setting to disabled (if you can). This should only be need to be disabled if you are going to flash the bios, but try it anyway.

Also, have you tried clearing the cmos? (JP1 jumper, bottom right corner of your mobo)

Nothing worked because I can't even select anything to change them, cuz they're all greyed out except the main category. I know absolutely nothing about jumpers.

My bios is password protected, I have to enter the password to go into it. But how is it set to read only?

clear ur cmos or tkae out the battery and the pass shud go away if u cant acces then ur done for u gota make the floppy boot up as a device from ur bios and u gota check if the bios is reading ur floppy like in slot 1 master/slave floppy is there or w/e u get wat im saying ..

Why should I have to remove the password if I know what it is? And I have no idea how to clear my cmos or anything. Won't that delete all my bios settings that I already have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom