What kind of Graphics card shoud i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
Over the summer I'm gonna upgrade my graphics card. Right now I'm running an eVGA FX5600 Ultra. Which I will sell if the price is right. Let me know what kind of card i should get. It has to be AGP 8x.

Thanks in Advance.

Well how much do you have? The best card for price - performance is the 6600gt. If you have more money, (about twice as much) than a 6800gt will be great.

Just be sure you go with a GeForce 6 series graphics card. Don't let anybody here talk you into going with ATI - they are crap.

I will have about $300 to spend on it. Im also going to buy a new socket 478 cpu and and some more ram. Preferably dual channel 512 sticks all in all i will have about $500 bucks to spend

A 6600 GT will run about $200 which should leave you enough money to buy a decent processor and ram.

You're buying at a good time, this coming summer we will see the next generation graphics cards released, meaning the price of the 6800 GT will drop and you could probably afford it.

That'd be your best bang for your buck I'd say.

but at that time, there would be something like a 7600gt :p (a value power card like the 6600gt but with dual cores.) (I'm not sugesting that it will be that combination of number at the end.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom