Averatech Laptop: good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I'm currently looking for a cheap laptop that will mostly be used for downloading pics from my digital camera when I'm away from home. Also, I'd like to have a DVD drive and 802.11g wireless.

I've noticed Averatech laptops popping up all over the place, but I know nothing about them as far as quality is concerned. Here is the one I was looking at on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=34-149-014&depa=3

I'm not looking for anything super fast. I won't be playing games on it, but of course I don't want to end up with a crashed hard drive or something in a year or two.

Thanks for any help.

I have the slightly older version of that with 256meg ram and 40 gig HD and a mobile 2000+

It basicly just kicks ass. You cant go wrong for that price. Mine actually gets the battery life it's supposed to using normal app's (eg not photoshop). I have had it for 6 months and it's durable, everyday it travels to school and back. Mine's very worn with the paint even starting to wear off, and has been dropped a few times.

My problems with it are the wireless is not as good as a dedicated card, it runs VERY hot, if you want to run it on a bed or something, it blocks the airflow and heats up to the point where it's hot to the touch.

I recomend it though.

After seeing that I may consider buying one as well. Thats a decent price, I could use a laptop for school.

Alright thanks for all the quick responses. I do like the price for those specs and considering what I'll be using it for it's probably about the best I can do. Unless someone can point out a better deal somewhere.

You most likely won't find a better deal than newegg. Especially for a laptop that is an awesome price.

I'm thinking somewhere I read that the averatech cases are really lightweight and could crack easily. Any info on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom