NTDLR error

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengo

Beta member
hey guys, my friends is having some major problems with his computer.
Yesterday he brought a computer, and today he tried installing windows xp pro. It started all fine, he was partioning his hard drive....everything still okay, that finished, then windows started copying files to the computer...and then tragedy struck....literally (lightning), the computer turned off (maybe a little purge surge). It shutdown in miiddle of copying.

When he reboots, he goes to a screen - to boot from cd, press any key, he presses that, then he gets this:

ntdlr is missing
press ctrl + alt + del to restart

and it would keep coming up with that.

Things that might help:
we have already set boot order to make it boot from cd, second is hdd 0

would the error be windows finding a file that should of been copied, but wasnt, because the computer shutdown.

i am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the cd...

is there anyway he can reset his harddrive, to start the installation from scratch again.

Help will really be appreicated! thanks in advance

William

what do you mean by starting over? everytime he reboots, he gets that error....even when he has windows disk in.

what do you mean by starting over? everytime he reboots, he gets that error....even when he has windows disk in.

It means the the Boot Loader is missing off the windows disk..in other words the disk has gotten scratched or corrupted. Liz

when it say press a key to boot from cd...Press a key immediately. press it a few times (if you don't do it quick it won't boot, it will try to load the OS, which isn't there, hence the ntdlr error). then start the whole process over

would that really work? pressing buttons really quickly? im gonna try this later today, any other suggestions?

If you canÂ’t get it to work just format it in another PC (donÂ’t forget to set the master/slave jumper first)

check the boot order again, and if you can get it to boot from CD, go to the recovery console by pressing 'r' then at the command prompt type "fixboot" and "fixmbr"

its reformat time u gota reformate i had same erorr about 2 weeks ago i just did a random restart and it said ntldr is missing so i reformated and it was back on its feet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom